We know and understand that Dissolution and Civil Partnership Dissolution is often a most traumatic and stressful time for both partners but formal separation does not have to be a long, difficult and expensive process.
From December 2006, gay/same sex couples were given legal rights to file a petition for the dissolution of a Civil Partnership.
The rules governing the dissolution of Civil Partnerships are similar to current Dissolution proceedings for heterosexual marriages.
However, there is only one ground required for the dissolution of a Civil Partnership
– a party must demonstrate that their relationship has ‘irretrievably broken down’.
In order to demonstrate that a relationship has ‘irretrievably broken down’, the petitioner may file a petition on one of the following grounds:
- The Respondent has acted unreasonably.
- The parties to the relationship have lived apart for a period of two or more years, and both parties consent to the Dissolution .
- The parties have lived apart for a period of five years.
- The Respondent has deserted the Petitioner.
If any of the above petitions are presented and proven, the Civil Partnership can be dissolved.
Similarities between the Dissolution and Civil Partnership Dissolution procedures means we are able to offer the exact same Terms, Conditions and fixed fee of a Managed Dissolution at £275.
This will include:
- The initial questionnaire to enable us to take your instructions.
- Our e-mail forwarded to you confirming, in detail, your instructions for the Clean Break Consent Order.
- A completed draft petition forwarded to you for your approval.
- The petition issued to the County Court, upon your approval. We will provide the Court with all documentation required, including the Court Fee (not included in the price).
- A letter forwarded to the Respondent confirming a petition has been issued according to your instructions.
- All documentation received from the court in relation to any decrees that are granted, forwarded by First Class post.
- The completion of the Application for Decree Nisi, sent to you by e-mail.
- The Application for Decree Absolute, in order for proceedings to be concluded, filed in Court.
Order Now £275 (inc VAT) – includes FREE Last Will and Testament
If you need a financial arrangement then you will require a Civil Partnership Dissolution Premium Plus
Remember – we are here to help you …
If you are unsure of your eligibility to file for dissolution, please call us on freephone 0345 257 0406 or fill in our Contact Us Form and we will be happy to call you back to answer all your urgent questions.
Please also look at our Guide to Dissolution .